Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||REDLEAF PRESS|
|Description:||Redleaf Press, a nationally known publisher of books for early childhood education professionals located in St. Paul, Minnesota, is accepting applications for unpaid internship positions during the fall and spring semesters and for summer. The publishing internship program is designed to expose participants to all areas of book publishing, including editorial, production, design, marketing, and sales, though the position intern’s main focus will be on sales. The position reports to the sales manager.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assist in list development and outreach to early childhood organizations and early childhood development centers.
2. Proofread sales materials.
3. Assist in the preparation of sales kits for the trade sales force.
4. Assist in the production and dissemination of electronic reading copies to the trade.
5. Provide administrative support for the sales manager.
6. Update the existing list of academics for course adoptions, including researching new prospects.
7. Market research on competitive titles and products.
8. Assist in the creation of sales reports.
9. Assist in the execution of sales campaigns for new and backlist books.
|Length of Internship:||3 months but varies based on availability|
|Requirements:||Qualified candidates will be a junior or senior enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program or a recent graduate in English, journalism, liberal arts, early childhood education, business or a related field. Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills are necessary. The ability to act professionally in a professional environment is required, as is the ability to multitask, attend to details, and meet deadlines. Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, are desired. Familiarity with the Acumen software is a plus although not required.|
|Location:||St. Paul, Minnesota|
|Application Due Date:||rolling|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Submit the following electronically:
• a cover letter explaining your interest in the internship and your career goals
• a résumé outlining your education and work experience
• a nonfiction writing sample or academic paper
• a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor, college professor, or employer familiar with you and your work