Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
This site is designed to provide you with an overview of the book publishing industry and listings of job openings at publishing houses.
The site is broken up into five areas:
1. Jobs in Publishing — Search job and internship listings posted by book publishing companies.
2. About Publishing — Learn about different types of publishers, commonly used terms in the industry, job areas that may best suit you, and other information.
3. Diversity Statement — Learn about our drive to strengthen diversity within book publishing.
4. About Us — Learn about the Association of American Publishers (AAP).
5. Publishing Events — Find out if an industry event is coming to a city near you.
Job and Internship Opportunities
In this section you can search for jobs based on your major or interest. In addition, Bookjobs.com can match available jobs to your educational background and areas of interest specified in your personal profile. You can select to have BookJobs.com notify you of these job openings.
This section of the site contains:
1. Information about different types of publishing.
2. Definitions of terms of art in the publishing industry.
3. Profiles of publishers who are members of AAP.
4. Information about what different departments do in publishing and what college majors may provide the best background for working in them.
5. A list of higher education programs focusing on book publishing.
6. A list of professional organizations in publishing.
WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO?
Complete your personal profile by going to the home page and clicking on the "not a member." Fill in all the required fields, and any additional fields you wish to get the most out of using the site.
Surf the site to learn more about publishing, and visit the Jobs in Publishing section to search for jobs and/or internships.