Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||WRITERS HOUSE|
|Description:||Goal: The overarching goal of the Writers House Intern Program is to provide its participants an education in the publishing industry from the perspective of a literary agency.
Program Objectives: By the end of the Writers House Intern Program the interns:
• Will have developed sound criteria for evaluating query letters, partial manuscripts, and full manuscripts.
• Will have advanced their ability to generate rejection letters, reader’s reports, editorial letters, and pitch letters.
• Will have gained new administrative skills that pertain specifically to publishing including BAITS, comparing contracts, reviewing royalty statements, and managing and maintaining calendars.
• Will have advanced their cover letter and resume writing skills.
• Will have advanced their job interviewing skills.
Methodology: The Writers House Intern Program arrives at its goals through a series of ongoing programs; specifically, weekly Intern Meetings, weekly Tutorials, Evening Seminars and One-on-One Sessions.
Daily Activities: The interns will regularly engage in a broad range of editorial, administrative, organizational, and logistical duties.
|Length of Internship:||Start Date: 2/13
End Date: 5/26
|Requirements:||College degree. Office experience.
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||DEADLINE: Monday, February 6.|
|Payment:||Stipend, additional pay when applicable.|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please send cover/ resume to:
Director of the Writers House Intern Program: email@example.com