Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||SCIENCE, NATURALLY!|
|Description:||Science, Naturally! creates and distributes kids’ books that make math and science both relevant and fun.
Our interns assist in all aspects of a small publishing house including editorial, marketing (both paper and electronic), inventory management, and administration. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• reading and critiquing manuscript and art submissions,
* editing manuscript in production and marketing materials,
• supporting the launch of new titles,
• assisting with arranging author appearances and events,
• supporting trade show endeavors,
• maintaining various media, customer and other lists,
• researching new media and sales outlets,
• customer follow up and sales,
• packing orders,
• and helping support the work of the office.
This internship can provide a great introduction for anyone wishing to gain insight into various aspects in the publishing world.
|Length of Internship:||3+ months|
|Requirements:||We ask that applicants be at least in their Junior year of their undergraduate studies. Interns are expected to work 12-20 hours per week, with flexible time schedules and a minimum 3 month committment.
Strong computer skills are an advantage (Word, Excel, Outlook, database software). Applicant should have good communication skills and be able to handle a wide range of tasks.
We are located in Washington, DC, near the U.S. Capitol (at the Eastern Market Metro stop).
|Location:||725 8th St. SE Washington, DC 20003|
|Application Due Date:||Rolling|
|Payment:||The internship is unpaid, however transportation costs are negotiable up to $7.00/a day.|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please email resume, writing sample, 2 references and availability to Martha Lamborn.