Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||FRONTIERS MEDIA S.A.|
|Description:||We are seeking enthusiastic recent graduates for our Editorial Internship program. This paid, full-time internship position in our Lausanne office will last for six months, and will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in scientific publishing from an insider’s perspective, to see all aspects of the peer-review and publishing process, and to be initiated to the operations of academic journals.
Under the supervision of a Journal Manager and working closely with other Editorial Assistants, the selected candidate will support the team in the activities of the team’s journals and will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience.
|Length of Internship:||6 months|
|Requirements:||Desired Skills & Experience
- a sociable, positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations
- flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner
- must possess at least a BSc/BA degree (MSc, MA, or PhD preferred)
|Location:||EPFL Innovation Park, Building I CH – 1015 Lausanne Switzerland|
|Application Due Date:||Continuous recruitment|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit for the duration of the contract.
Please send your application to email@example.com, indicating reference: EOF1501. Your application should include:
- cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only
- indication of reference EOF1501, and of your earliest availability
- a 200 word summary on the following - "In your opinion, what are the most significant flaws of the Impact Factor and the consequences of these flaws?"
- clear confirmation of Swiss or EU citizenship, or current possession of a valid Swiss work permit