Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING|
For Bloomsbury’s academic products, this internship will support sales activities across the academic and higher education publishing program throughout the US, working directly with the sales team responsible for selling print and digital resources into trade/retail and collegiate markets.
This internship position will work closely with the Sales Team for Bloomsbury Academic and in-house Sales Representatives and Account Managers to:
• Assist in preparation and delivery of reporting on sales and gap analysis.
• Assist sales reps with marketing efforts, preparation of sales tools and eblasts, as well as preparation for salesperson travel to schools and conferences.
• Support Sales team with administrative tasks and data entry.
• Participate in intern departmental lunches with each department.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Length of Internship:||Summer 2017|
|Requirements:||The successful candidate will have a keen interest in sales, marketing and publishing as well as some related experience in a support role. In addition, s/he should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency in database management and excel spreadsheets.
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Resourcefulness, positive/can-do attitude.
• Excellent speaking and writing skills.
• Ability to multi-task, adapt easily, manage time efficiently, and follow through on tasks to completion.
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Payment:||$11.00 per hour|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Sales Summer Internship” in your subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Bloomsbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer|