Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING|
|Description:||Bloomsbury Publishing is seeking a marketing intern to assist our Special Interest Trade team. We are a publisher of academic and trade titles located in Midtown/Herald Square, commissioning in a broad range of specialist subject areas from sports & fitness and military history to natural history and popular science.
As a small team, our interns are a key part of our day-to-day operations. As a Bloomsbury marketing intern, you will work with the Special Interest Marketing term on a variety of projects that reflect the diverse aspects of trade publishing, including:
• Completing institutional and publicity research
• Contributing content to our various list-centric social media accounts
• Managing departmental shipping
• Award research and submissions
• Updating data systems as-needed
• Various administrative tasks
Opportunities to take on other marketing projects may also arise.
|Requirements:||We are looking for creative and motivated individuals, who ideally have the following skills:
• Knowledge of social media platforms, including WordPress and Twitter
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
• Firm grasp of grammar and spelling, with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work efficiently and independently
We require a commitment of at least 30 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM). This position pays minimum wage ($11/hour) .
|Location:||New York, NY|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||We require complete commitment to the internship term, which will begin January 9, 2017. Please e-mail a detailed cover letter that outlines the experience you hope to gain from this internship and a resume (with references) to Allison.email@example.com with the subject line “Bloomsbury Internship 2017.”
While we appreciate every application we receive, we will only be contacting individuals we are considering for the position. We will begin contacting candidates in early February.
Please note that incomplete or incorrect submissions will be immediately discarded. Pay close attention to this description and submission requirements in your application.
Good luck in your search!