Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||A STRANGE OBJECT|
|Description:||Founded in 2012, A Strange Object is a women-run, fiction-focused press in Austin, Texas. The press champions debuts, daring writing, and good design across all platforms. Its titles are distributed by Small Press Distribution.
We are looking for some brilliant and motivated interns to start in November 2016.
Our interns receive an insider’s view to small press publishing; hands-on training in copyediting, proofreading, and production management; and free copies of our titles.
Interns work ten to twenty hours per week for two to three months at our Austin office. At this time, internships are unpaid.
* Reading and evaluating manuscripts and preparing reader’s reports
* Under supervision, copyediting and proofreading books in production
* Assisting in planning and promotions for book events and conferences
* Handling correspondence and order fulfillment
* Administrative work as necessary (copying, filing)
* Searching out new literary talent
|Length of Internship:||Two to three months|
|Requirements:||We are looking for candidates with:
* Passion for good writing in general and contemporary literary fiction in particular
* Exemplary written and oral communication skills
* Computer literacy (some blogging or website-updating experience preferred)
* Self-motivation, dependability, and attention to detail
|Application Due Date:||November 4, 2016|
|Payment:||This internship is unpaid.|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||To apply, email us your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, let us know why we'd like to have you around the office and let us know about your experience with contemporary fiction. Tell us about an author or a recent book you adore and why.
Send your email to hello [at] astrangeobject.com. And please include "Bookjobs fall internship" in your subject line.