Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||BERRETT-KOEHLER PUBLISHERS|
|Description:||Berrett-Koehler Publishers is currently seeking a creative and diligent intern for our sales and marketing department!
This is an awesome position for students from all backgrounds looking to gain marketing and publishing-specific experience in a mission-driven, socially conscious organization. :)
|Length of Internship:||3 months|
|Requirements:||You're the person for the job if you:
• Are a full-time student (We can work with your institution if you wish to receive school credit)
• Can make a minimum time commitment of 12 hours per week for 3 months, and you can always stay longer!
• Have excellent time management and prioritizing skills
• Work well collaborating with teams
• Crave all things publishing! An avid consumer of publishing blogs and social media a big plus
• Express willingness to learn and step outside your comfort zone
• Have enthusiasm to spare, and a desire to share your ideas in whatever way makes you feel most comfortable (don't worry, we highly respect introverts and you'll meet plenty of them here) :)
• Have a great sense of humor (okay this is totally optional, but we thought we'd put it here anyways)
We promise you will:
• Have the opportunity to follow the evolution of books from proposal through publication
• Participate in crafting and executing promotional strategies
• Meet authors and talented industry professionals who care that you are here
• Spearhead special top-secret research projects, often according to what YOU are most interested in (For example, if you're interested in writing or editorial work, you'll have the chance to write catalog or other marketing copy and/or apply to review manuscripts)
After completing your internship, you'll be able to add some seriously impressive bullet points to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
Gold-star resume bullet points:
• Assisted in the tracking and analysis of sales data and created weekly sales summary reports as well as book campaign summary reports
• Prepared marketing materials (including sales kits, marketing plans, and promotional materials) and helped transmit seasonal title information to distributors and sales partners such as Amazon
• Compiled marketing plans and production/marketing timelines for authors, and attended and assisted in author marketing meetings and marketing strategy
|Location:||1333 Broadway, Suite 1000, Oakland CA 94612|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please contact Shabnam Banerjee-McFarland: firstname.lastname@example.org|