Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||KNOX ROBINSON PUBLISHING|
|Description:||Knox Robinson Publishing is an international, independent publisher of fiction. It is the home of the imprints Mithras Books (Young Adult Speculative Fiction) and Under the Maple Tree Books (Children's and Juvenile Fiction).
Knox Robinson was established in 2010 in London, England and expanded into the US market in 2012. Our books are distributed in the USA, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia. KRP is the home of several award-winning authors, academics and scholars from all over the world including two Georgia Author of the Year winners.
Knox Robinson Publishing is looking for a Commissioning and Acquisitions intern to support the publisher in all aspects of commissioning and acquiring fiction manuscripts. This includes, but is not limited to: establishing relationships with literary agents to obtain worthy manuscripts, reading and evaluating manuscripts submitted directly to the publishing house, copy-editing and proofreading manuscripts in preparation for print, preparing manuscripts under the direction of the publisher for spelling conversion for US/UK markets, sending rejection letters and answering general queries, liaising with authors during the editing process, producing and maintaining the publishing catalog, fielding author emails, supporting sales and marketing by copy-editing and proofreading materials, producing social media postings, writing and posting website information, providing administrative support to the publisher which includes diary management, travel arrangements, filing, scanning, and general office support.
|Length of Internship:||5 months to start in September 2015 and January 2016 with the possibility of renewal|
|Requirements:||- Must be able to commit to working 25 hours a week (preferably 5 hours a day during the work week) for five months
- Must have completed at least junior year in undergraduate studies in English, Creative Writing, History or a related field in the humanities (must be a current undergraduate or graduate student)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with presenting during staff meetings
- Must maintain a professional appearance in the office, be enthusiastic about publishing and eager to assist in all aspects of the publishing process as needed
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously without constant supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and syntax, ability to follow house style rules
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with WordPress and SEO a plus
- Solid Organizational Skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Voracious reader of classic and contemporary fiction (ability to read and edit in genres that may not be of personal interest)
|Application Due Date:||Rolling|
|Payment:||Academic course credit (if applicable) and letters of recommendation|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Apply directly on website - http://tinyurl.com/odzjcjo|