Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||KNOX ROBINSON PUBLISHING|
|Description:||Knox Robinson Publishing is an international, independent publisher of fiction. It is the home of the imprints Mithras Books (Young Adult Speculative Fiction) and Under the Maple Tree Books (Children's and Juvenile Fiction).
Knox Robinson was established in 2010 in London, England and expanded into the US market in 2012. Our books are distributed in the USA, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia. KRP is the home of several award-winning authors, academics and scholars from all over the world.
Knox Robinson Publishing is looking for a Sales and Marketing intern to support the publisher in all aspects of selling and marketing our novels. This includes, but is not limited to: establishing and maintaining relationships with book buyers in the United States and the United Kingdom, assisting authors in scheduling and organizing book signings and talks, preparing and circulating marketing materials for individual novels and the publishing house including both imprints, pitching author interviews and features to media outlets, writing and circulating press releases and media advisories, managing the distribution of review copies and processing reviews, liaising with our distributors to keep them abreast of all new publicity, scheduled events, and reviews, social media planning, designing and circulating sales mailings, maintaining databases of our accounts - national, international and independent. Providing general office support and support for the publishing team as needed.
We do not offer remote internships. Interns will be working on-site in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
|Length of Internship:||5 months to start in September 2015 and January 2016 with the possibility of renewal|
|Requirements:||- Must be able to commit to working 25 hours a week (preferably 5 hours a day during the work week) for five months
- Must have completed at least junior year in undergraduate studies in English, Creative Writing, History or a related field in the humanities (must be a current undergraduate or graduate student)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable speaking on the telephone to new and existing accounts
- Local travel may be required
- Comfortable presenting during staff meetings
- Must maintain a professional appearance in the office, be enthusiastic about publishing and eager to assist in all aspects of the publishing process as needed
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously without constant supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and syntax, ability to follow house style rules
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- A keen memory, ability to remember selling points for all of our novels
|Application Due Date:||Rolling|
|Payment:||Academic course credit (if applicable) and letters of recommendation|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Apply directly on website - http://tinyurl.com/pynsrru|