Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||SANFORD J. GREENBURGER ASSOCIATES|
|Description:||Our Literary Scouting office at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates is offering a three-month long, unpaid internship focusing primarily on Children's and Young-Adult literature. We are seeking an astute reader capable of writing thoughtful, analytical book reports. We also ask interns to complete industry research and assist with the upkeep of our comprehensive database. As a major scouting office in New York, we represent a distinguished group of foreign publishers and agencies to whom we provide information about the American publishing landscape. We read and report on a wide range of fiction, non-fiction, and children’s titles in order to help our clients acquire American books for translation in their countries.
Working within a scouting office affords great insight into all areas of the publishing industry, and can be useful for interns seeking opportunities in areas such as editorial, agenting, and publicity in addition to the more directly related paths in subsidiary rights and scouting itself. We accept applications on a rolling basis for each following season, so please specify which season (Fall/Spring/Summer) you will be applying for.
|Requirements:||We are seeking intern applicants who:
* Have previously demonstrated interest in the international book market.
* Have specific interest in or knowledge of Children's and Young-Adult publishing.
* Have excellent English-language communication skills, written and spoken.
* Are detail-oriented, organized, and can remain focused in an often hectic and fast-paced work environment.
* Can commit to at least ten weeks, four days a week, starting May/June 2017.
* Foreign language skills a plus!
Intern responsibilities include:
* reading manuscripts and writing reader's reports
* researching copyright, recent deals, and industry news
* updating database for weekly report
* helping prepare reports and schedules for annual book fairs
|Location:||New York, NY|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please send a cover letter and resume to Hanna Masaryk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All attachments should be either Word Doc or PDF format. Please be advised that we may not be able to respond to every applicant regarding their status. Thank you!|