Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||FAIRCHILD BOOKS|
|Description:||Fairchild Books is offering an editorial internship opportunity and seeking candidates with a desire to learn about the book publishing process. Candidates should have a keen interest in academic and professional publishing and be an undergraduate or graduate student who will be able to receive college credit for the internship. The intern experience will include assisting editors with market research, working hands-on with manuscripts and art programs to help meet deadlines, and helping coordinate the development of instructor and student resources, among other editorial and administrative tasks.|
|Length of Internship:||August to December 2014|
|Requirements:||• Required to be currently enrolled in college and eligible to receive college credit for internship.
• Excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail and impeccable grammar.
• Ability to work independently in an office environment, to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
• Proofreading/copyediting experience and familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
• English, Journalism, or Communications major preferred.
|Location:||1385 Broadway New York, NY 10018|
|Application Due Date:||August 15, 2014|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||If you are interested in applying please email a cover letter stating the days/hours you are available and resume to: Kiley Kudrna, Editorial Assistant at Kiley.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due by August 15, 2014.|