Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||TEACHER CREATED MATERIALS, INC.|
Evaluates and edits manuscripts and prepares them for print under the direction of a Senior Editor or Editorial Director; consults on product development from an education perspective.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Edits (rewriting or reorganizing if appropriate) and prepares product manuscripts and digital resources for designated product lines, ensuring educational validity, clarity, purposefulness, best practices, and ease of use.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of educational trends, practices, and interests, and advises team supervisor accordingly.
Work Conditions: General office environment.
|Length of Internship:||TBD|
• BA or BS degree in education, journalism, or related field or equivalent experience
• K-12 classroom teaching experience required
• Content area specialization in science, mathematics, or social studies a plus
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Sit for extended periods of time; including at a computer.
• Occasional lifting up to 15 lbs.
• Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
|Location:||Huntington Beach, CA|
|Application Due Date:||ASAP|
|Payment:||Paid (pay dependent on experience)|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Teacher Created Materials is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please go to www.tcmpub.com/careers to download a job application. Please submit your cover letter, resume and completed application to email@example.com with reference to Job ID# EdtrIntrn0514 in the subject line of your email. Submissions without a completed application, cover letter and resume will not be considered.|