Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Jobs]
|Title:||Vice President, Client Publisher Services|
Macmillan is a group of media companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck, based in Stuttgart, Germany, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Palgrave Macmillan, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Flatiron Books, Hayden McNeil, i>clicker, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
The VP, Client Publisher Services will oversee all aspects of our Client Distribution sales and marketing. In addition to maximizing the sales opportunities of the books published by Macmillan’s distributed publishers the VP will oversee the departmental staff, strategize and manage account merchandising for all channels, review and make inventory recommendations, manage reporting and client communications. The VP is the primary point of contact for our clients for all matters strategic and operational.
The VP is a key member of the sales executive team and involved in planning meetings, conferences and account initiatives.
• Meetings and follow-ups with accounts and clients
• Sales and inventory reviews
• Management of departmental, seasonal, and marketing meetings
• Budgeting and business reviews
• Analysis and reviews of the business
• Liaison with the warehouse, systems, legal, and other internal groups
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Excellent motivation and communication skills
• Prior Management experience
• Experience with sales analysis and budgeting
• Bookselling marketplace and account experience
• Familiarity with trade publishing operations
• 10+ years publishing sales or 3rd party distribution experience
• Marketing experience a plus
Educational Background Required:
• B.A. degree
|Location:||New York, NY|
|How To Apply For This Job:||https://re21.ultipro.com/HOL1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*E2B2E55D846F8AC3|