Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Jobs]
|Title:||Marketing Associate (L-20-16)|
|Description:||Rowman & Littlefield is seeking a Marketing Associate to support its Professional Marketing department. The selected candidate will work with the marketing team covering our professional titles in Museum Studies, Library Science and International and Security Studies. The selected candidate will have the option to work from either our Lanham, MD or New York, NY office.
• Create and implement e-mail campaigns working with our eMarketing team.
• Create catalogs and direct mail promotions as needed, including editing the needed copy and working with the creative department on design.
• Answer author emails and calls pertaining to questions or issues regarding company titles within assigned area
• Attend conferences as assigned, as well as attend seasonal launch meetings on new titles.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• One or more years of publishing experience a plus.
• The ability to work independently.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
About the Company
Rowman & Littlefield—an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation—publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
|Company:||ROWMAN AND LITTLEFIELD PUBLISHING GROUP|
|Location:||The selected candidate will have the option to work from either our Lanham, MD or New York, NY office.|
|How To Apply For This Job:||If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter (including the ad number, where you learned of the opening, and your salary history) to Boone Soukthideth via email or post using the below contact information: Boone Soukthideth Rowman & Littlefield c/o Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org|