Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||READERS DIGEST ASSOCIATION, INC|
Reader’s Digest Association (RDA) http://www.rda.com, is committed to building the next generation of talent, and key to our strategy is our internship program. We are seeking high-potential students interested in career-building opportunities in a fast paced and competitive environment. In turn, we provide interns relevant real-life business experience through short-term projects that support key business initiatives and contribute to our products. You will also gain exposure to RDA's global organization through meetings where you will interact with business professionals, internal industry experts and senior executives throughout the summer.
The RDA summer internship program is open to undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year. All internships are credit-based (unpaid). To be considered for this program, students will be asked to provide proper documentation from their school program.
Communication Intern, New York (1 intern)
The Communications Intern will work with the Global Communications department in the execution of day-to-day activities including: create postings for the Intranet, collect and analyze Intranet statistics, and assist with the Global Intranet redesign and corporate event planning. This internship is an excellent opportunity to apply Marketing, Journalism, or Communications backgrounds in a corporate environment.
|Length of Internship:||Summer 2012 Term|
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong PC skills requiring including experience with Microsoft Office and various design software.
• Must be able to work under a high level of pressure within a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and a self-starter able to set priorities and multi-task.
• Demonstrated interest and motivation to work in a publishing environment.
• Knowledge of Image creation, HTML, website coding
|Location:||New York City|
|Application Due Date:||April 15, 2012|
|Payment:||Non-paid, credit based|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please visit our careers site at www.rda.com/careers and click on "Internships" under current listings|