Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||READERS DIGEST ASSOCIATION, INC|
Reader’s Digest Association (RDA) http://www.rda.com, is committed to building the next generation of talent, and key to our strategy is our internship program. We are seeking high-potential students interested in career-building opportunities in a fast paced and competitive environment. In turn, we provide interns relevant real-life business experience through short-term projects that support key business initiatives and contribute to our products. You will also gain exposure to RDA's global organization through meetings where you will interact with business professionals, internal industry experts and senior executives throughout the summer.
The RDA summer internship program is open to undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year. All internships are credit-based (unpaid). To be considered for this program, students will be asked to provide proper documentation from their school program.
You must submit 3 design samples you own along with resume for consideration or include a link to your online portfolio.
Photo Intern – Magazine, New York (2 intern)
The Photo intern for Reader's Digest magazine will assist with the art department with story proposals, photo research, contract creation, rights negotiations, and maintaining a photographer database.
|Length of Internship:||Summer 2012 Term|
• Must be able to work under a high level of pressure within a fast paced environment.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Communication, Journalism or related field.
• Keen attention to detail, with an eye for photography
• Team player, with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work well independently
• Mac savvy, knowledge of InDesign, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator. Some positions will require an understanding of ActionScript, CSS and other web-based technologies.
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
|Location:||New York City and White Plains New York|
|Application Due Date:||April 15, 2012|
|Payment:||Non-paid, credit based|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please visit our careers site at www.rda.com/careers and click on "Internships" under current listings|