Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||READERS DIGEST ASSOCIATION, INC|
Reader’s Digest Association (RDA) http://www.rda.com, is committed to building the next generation of talent, and key to our strategy is our internship program. We are seeking high-potential students interested in career-building opportunities in a fast paced and competitive environment. In turn, we provide interns relevant real-life business experience through short-term projects that support key business initiatives and contribute to our products. You will also gain exposure to RDA's global organization through meetings where you will interact with business professionals, internal industry experts and senior executives throughout the summer.
The RDA summer internship program is open to undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year. All internships are credit-based (unpaid). To be considered for this program, students will be asked to provide proper documentation from their school program.
Advertising Sales Intern, New York City (3 interns)
Advertising Sales Interns will partner with teams on diverse and sometimes complex Sales support duties. Interns will assist in the following: completion of proposals, maintenance and updates to extensive online contact database, assist in coordinating events and travel, interact with marketing team on custom proposals, research potential advertisers, tear sheet prospective advertisers from competitive magazines or websites, prepare media kits/information for clients, and various administrative tasks as needed. This internship is an excellent opportunity to apply Marketing, Advertising Sales, Journalism or Communications backgrounds in a corporate environment.
Advertising Sales & Marketing Intern, White Plains (1 intern)
The Advertising Sales & Marketing Intern in the Trade Book group will work with the Marketing Director and contribute to the retail trade book digital sales strategy for adult and children’s print and eBooks by writing consumer blurbs, organizing images for online retail sites including Barnes and Noble and Amazon, and uploading materials to ftp sites. The Intern will write promotional marketing copy for sales and marketing materials for adult and children’s trade books, create PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings, and organize sales and marketing materials for the team (states preferred majors)
|Length of Internship:||Summer 2012 Term|
• Must be able to work under a high level of pressure within a fast paced environment.
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail; a self-starter able to set priorities and multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with sales, marketing, freelancers under tight deadlines and pressure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
• Demonstrated interest and motivation to work in a sales environment.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, copyediting skills would be a bonus
Additional Qualifications – Sales & Marketing Intern
• Some knowledge of InDesign—or the ability to learn quickly and work with images
• Ability to write promotional marketing and promotional copy
• Ability to research online marketing trends
|Location:||New York City and White Plains New York|
|Application Due Date:||April 15, 2012|
|Payment:||Non-paid, credit based|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please visit our careers site at www.rda.com/careers and click on "Internships" under current listings|