Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||POWERHOUSE BOOKS|
|Description:||powerHouse Books is currently seeking a well-organized publicity intern to assist with press outreach for our upcoming books.
This position will require that you work a minimum of 10 hours per week, onsite (our offices are located in DUMBO, Brooklyn).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing pitches and queries.
- Tracking new press and compiling tear sheets
- Supporting publicity team with general administrative duties.
For more information about powerHouse Books, please visit our website at:
|Length of Internship:||3 months minimum.|
- An excellent writer with a fresh, hip and exciting style
- Someone who is organized and can multi-task
- PR and marketing studies a plus ?
- We are interested in someone who can come up with ideas of their own
- Fun, thoughtful and excited to start new projects
- Excellent researcher
Must have outstanding communication abilities, experience working effectively in teams and the flexibility to work on multiple projects concurrently. Prior internship/office experience a plus.
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||First come, first serve.|
|Payment:||This is an unpaid internship; however, the supervisor strongly believes and is deeply invested in educating interns in the business and often they have moved on to careers in the publishing industry.|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please include your cover letter in the body of your email. We will contact candidates only if we are interested.