Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||POWERHOUSE BOOKS|
|Description:||We are a critically acclaimed publishing house, world-renowned for our diverse collection?specializing in fine art, documentary, pop culture, fashion, and celebrity books? now looking for design interns. Beginning September 2010.
Nature of Work
- Pre-production: scanning and retouching art, preparing dummies and other sales materials
- Assistance on design of books, catalogs, invites, announcements, advertisements, and sales materials
- Assisting on book design: layout and pre-production
- Updating and archiving digital art
- Inside view of book publishing and the opportunity to work closely with key personnel in Design, Production, Sales, Marketing, Publicity, Promotions, Gallery and Retail Sales
- Interacting with authors and artists, suppliers, and media
|Length of Internship:||3 months minimum, minimum 18 hours/week, preferred: 20-40 hours/week|
- Basic Design skills
- Basic photo retouching skills
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, (Quark XPress a plus but not required)
- Basic knowledge of web design would be great but not required
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||Applicants will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.|
|Payment:||School credit available for students|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please send a cover letter, resume, and 5 low-res images or a link to your website to:
Craig Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are invited to a interview, please bring your portfolio.