Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||PRIME PUBLISHING LLC|
|Description:||Prime Publishing LLC is seeking Editorial Interns for our content sites in the areas of crafting (general, knitting, beading, quilting, crochet, sewing, jewelry) and/or cooking (general recipes, healthy recipes, dessert recipes, slow cooker recipes). Each intern will be mentored by a full-time Editor. We are a fast-growing company creating quality content and engaging consumers.
The internship is set up as a hands-on 12-week learning experience. Interns will learn about digital publishing, including online writing, social media, blogger outreach, analytics, and content publishing. Our goal is to not only teach skills but also provide opportunities to work on real projects.
Interns will be mentored and/or work in one or more of the following areas:
1. Newsletter Editor – Create and analyze newsletter content in order to maximize site traffic, newsletter performance, consumer engagement, and advertising opportunities.
2. Site Content Editor – Monitor, create, and update content for the websites to increase site traffic monthly.
3. Promotions Editor – Secure product(s) for site reviews and giveaways in order to increase traffic, engage consumers, and network with companies and publishers while working closely with sales for new revenue streams.
4. Premium Content Editor – The premium content editor creates and publishes high-quality magazines for subscription-based platforms.
The company will determine where an intern will be placed based upon intern qualification and company needs.
|Length of Internship:||12 weeks, beginning end of May 2017|
|Requirements:||1. College student, preferably with English or journalism concentration or equivalent experience.
2. Basic understanding of HTML and online media.
3. Strong writing, editing, research, communication, and management skills.
4. Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask.
5. Interest in and/or experience with women’s lifestyle content.
6. For summer interns, we prefer current juniors who will be entering their senior year in college.
7. Graduate students who will be in school at least one more semester/quarter are also welcome to apply.
|Payment:||Interns are paid a stipend of $3000 for the 5/day – 12 week program. Paychecks are issued twice monthly on the 15th and last day of each month.|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please apply at http://bit.ly/2i09N7Y. We prefer an in-person interview, so please indicate first dates available for an in-person interview (i.e. upcoming winter break, spring break, after finals end, etc.). Interview by Skype is also an option.|