Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING|
|Description:||Bloomsbury Academic Marketing Internship Spring 17
Company Name: BLOOMSBURY
Description: The New York office of Bloomsbury Academic Publishers is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented intern for the Spring 2017 semester. Bloomsbury is a leading publisher of academic and mainstream non-fiction titles in the humanities, social sciences and visual arts. We publish titles in a broad range of subjects from popular music and film to literary studies and philosophy.
Length of Internship: January-May 2017
Requirements: The intern will assist with the Marketing team in various ways, including but not limited to:
- Researching sales and marketing leads
- Maintaining and updating client and company databases
- Creating email campaigns, using HTML code to do so
- Attending and participating in various meetings
- Reading and extracting from book reviews
- Administrative duties
Opportunities to take on other projects may also arise depending on skills. We are looking for hardworking, trustworthy and reliable individuals with exceptional Microsoft Office skills who can make a significant contribution to the smooth running of our office while maintaining a sense of humor. We offer flexible scheduling but prefer at least 12 hours (max 25) of work per week for the duration of the semester (3-4 months).
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Location: New York, NY
Application Due Date: 12/14/2016
Payment: We pay $11 per hour at a maximum of 25 hours per week
|Length of Internship:||1 semester (3-4 months)|
|Requirements:||• Knowledge of social media platforms, including WordPress and Twitter
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
• Firm grasp of grammar and spelling, with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work efficiently and independently
• A plus if familiar with HTML coding
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||December 14, 2016|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying in email@example.com, with the subject line Academic Marketing Internship Spring 2017.|