Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||PROSE MEDIA LLC|
|Description:||Are you a driven self-starter? Love marketing, writing, or design? Crave experience at a fast-growing, early-stage NYC startup?
Our innovative content marketing agency, ProseMedia.com, creates quality content (e.g., blog posts, web copy, e-books) for businesses and nonprofits. But we also need help marketing our own service—which is where you come in.
Forget fetching lattes. Whether your passion’s blogging, tweeting, or designing pretty things, you’ll have a chance to put your creativity to good use—creating materials that help to promote our service and educate readers about new trends in marketing.
A stipend will be provided at the completion of the internship.
Note: We prefer that you receive course credit in order to participate in this internship.
DURATION: Semester-long commitment
HOURS: Typically 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on your availability); full-time internship option also available for summer months
LOCATION: Bleecker & Sullivan Streets (near NYU / Washington Square Park). Please note that as an early-stage startup, we operate out of a home office (a small staff of employees and interns).
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE...
- Research potential clients
- Customize outreach emails
- Scout out new marketing opportunities and prospects
- Build a media list of journalists, contact publications about guest blogging
- Write thoughtful, informative posts for our marketing blog
- Write e-books and other educational resources
- Edit and format blog posts (via WordPress)
SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECTS:
- Craft well-written updates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, etc.
- Initiate exchanges with individual followers
- Help build our following across platforms
- Find and participate in relevant conversations around the web
GRAPHIC DESIGN PROJECTS:
- Design images with inspirational quotes (with Photoshop)
- Design layout for newsletters, e-books, and other materials
- Expand our presence on Pinterest and Facebook
- Develop any related skills (e.g., illustrating, animating)
ABOUT PROSE MEDIA
Prose Media LLC (www.prosemedia.com) is a top writing service for businesses and nonprofits. A fast-growing content marketing agency based in New York City, our mission is to rewrite the world of content, helping brands succeed with high-quality custom writing. Clients around the world range from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Solutions include blog posts, social media updates, white papers, newsletters, and website copy.
Twitter: @prose / www.twitter.com/prose
|Length of Internship:||3+ months|
- Self-motivated and independent
- Highly disciplined and responsible
- Strong writing skills
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN:
- Possible course credit (must be discussed with your school)
- Skills training and entrepreneurial startup experience
- Ability to work directly with founder/CEO and receive mentorship
- Possible published clips for your portfolio
- Flexibility to set your own hours
|Location:||New York City|
|Application Due Date:||Rolling|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org|