Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||CAROL MANN AGENCY|
|Description:||The Carol Mann Agency is a boutique literary agency that is home to well-respected authors of both fiction and non-fiction. We are seeking enthusiastic interns interested in learning about the publishing industry. Interns will learn what is involved in taking a project from just an idea to a book on a shelf and beyond. We're looking for candidates with eclectic interests and strong writing skills.
We offer on-site internships for those based in New York as well as remote internships. On-site internships require a commitment of 15-25 hours per week for three months. Remote internships are more flexible, but interns must be able to commit to working with us for several months. We offer academic credit to students for both on-site and remote internships, or a stipend for on-site interns only.
- Reading manuscripts and proposals
- Writing reader reports
- Reading and responding to unsolicited submissions
- Providing editorial feedback on client proposals
- Working closely with agents on up-coming and current book projects
- Writing blog posts
- Managing social media accounts
Interns will also be given the opportunity to develop their own ideas for potential clients and projects, and to pitch those ideas to agents in weekly editorial meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A journalist's eye for a great story
- Eclectic reading tastes
- A finger on the pulse of the media
- Unique and varied interests and hobbies
|Requirements:||Required - Writing, Editing
Preferred - Blogging, Social Media, Journalism, Research, Publishing
|Location:||Carol Mann Agency New York, NY|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please send a cover letter and resume to Isabella Ruggiero: isabella[at]carolmannagency[dot]com.|