Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING|
|Description:||Bloomsbury Academic Publishing (formerly Continuum) is seeking a part-time editorial intern for the summer. We are a publisher of academic and trade titles located in Midtown/Herald Square, commissioning in a broad range of subject areas from Philosophy and Literary Studies to Music, Film, and Media Studies.
As a small team, our interns are a key part of our day-to-day operations. As a Bloomsbury Academic editorial intern, you will work with the Editorial team on a variety of projects that reflect the diverse aspects of academic and trade publishing, including:
• Completing course, academic, and picture research
• Contribute content to our various list-centric blogs
• Manage departmental shipping
• Submissions to the Cataloging-in-Publication and Library of Congress programs
• Review proposals and/or manuscripts
• Update data systems as-needed
• Various administrative tasks
Opportunities to take on other editorial projects may also arise.
|Length of Internship:||3 months|
|Requirements:||We are looking for creative and motivated individuals, who ideally have the following skills:
• Knowledge of social media platforms, including WordPress and Twitter
• High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
• Firm grasp of grammar and spelling, with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work efficiently and independently
We require a commitment of at least 30 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM).
This position pays minimum wage ($11/hour) so candidates may wish to arrange for college credit for the placement to supplement.
We require complete commitment to the internship term, which will begin May 30, 2017, and end September 1, 2017.
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||ASAP|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Please e-mail a detailed cover letter that outlines the experience you hope to gain from this internship and a resume (with references) to Katherine De Chant at email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Internship 2017.”
While we appreciate every application we receive, we will only be contacting individuals we are considering for the position.
Please note that incomplete or incorrect submissions will be immediately discarded. Pay close attention to this description and submission requirements in your application.
Good luck in your search!