Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Description:||The internship program at PublicAffairs aims to provide an overall introduction to the book publishing industry. By rotating between divisions, dedicating half of the semester to the editorial department and the other half to publicity and marketing, the intern gains a general knowledge of the publication process and acquires a feel for each department’s functions.
Responsibilities include creating press releases, reading and evaluating manuscripts, conducting marketing research, and administrative duties such as updating databases, assisting with mailings, and organizing book deliveries. The intern will have the opportunity to participate in discussions at weekly editorial and marketing meetings, and will be encouraged to take on more responsibility the longer he/she stays.
|Length of Internship:||Internship Dates
Internship will run from September 1, 2015 –December 1, 2015 in the New York office.
• College student or recent graduate
• Minimum commitment of 20 hours /week
• Strong interest in book publishing and/or current affairs, politics, history
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Extremely detail oriented
• Previous internships a plus
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Application Due Date:||Friday, August 14, 2015|