Commonly Used Terms
Bookjobs.com is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the National Trade Association for the U.S. book publishing industry.
|[Back to Internships]
|Company Name:||RED HEN PRESS|
|Description:||Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Pasadena, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
We accept applications for internships all year, with variable starting dates. We ask that candidates be available 30 to 40 hours/week, as needed. The starting rate for this position is $10.00/hour.
Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper with all tasks relevant to accounting. Learn the department one task at a time with a goal of becoming permanent staff in accounting.
Proficiency with Quickbooks and capacity to create organization and department/project budgets is a MUST. Familiarity with AP/AR. Bank reconciliations. General accounting practices. Preferable to have background experience or education in regards to accounting. Knowledge of non-profit accounting is a plus.
Red Hen Press, a 501c(3) Nonprofit Orgainzation, one of the few literary presses in the Los Angeles area, was founded in 1994 with the intention of keeping creative literature alive. Our focus as a literary press is to publish poetry, literary fiction, and nonfiction.
As an added note, Red Hen Press is a nonprofit that publishes work by people of all genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and lifestyles. If you are uncomfortable with this please do not apply.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet as a research tool.
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Experience and skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without loss of attention to detail.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
• Valid driver's license and current insurance required.
|Location:||1335 N. Lake Ave., Suite 200 Pasadena, CA 91104|
|Application Due Date:||July 1, 2015|
|How To Apply For This Internship:||Application
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in response to this posting to rhpjobs@gmail[dot]com as either a .DOC or .PDF file only. Other file formats will not be considered.